Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Drinking Pisco, Missing TOTC 2011

Stuck at home. Just spent $8000.00 to move into a new home. I've never been to Tales of the Cocktail, and sadly I didn't get to go again this year. I know a lot of folk in this industry that think little of me because I still haven't been, to them I say, take off your cape!, your not Superman. 
Moving on, I mixed some fresh lemon ginger tea with Pisco Porton and a touch of honey. Very nice!, I even used collins style ice cubes made from the tea to keep the drink chill, the ginger kicks in a little extra with each sip, simple tipple, very enjoyable for an at home delight. 
And what a nice home to hang out in! A new two story apartment. Two balconies, lots of room for the herbs and vegetable garden I have growing. I can't wait to use my chocolate mint and cucumber in a drink together. Possibly mix some fresh rosemary with my sweet peppers in a spicy twist on a Red Snapper, possibly pouring a spicy beast of a Gin like Beefeater? Hmmm, what else would I add to that mix? I've grown Borage for the first time this year. My girlfriend and I did a nitrogen infusion of this and some fresh Lemon Balm into some Plymouth Gin, added a touch of some home made Italian Limoncello and a half ounce or so of some fresh peppermint tea. Also a very nice drink. The Borage sends out flavors varying from watermelon, tamarind and even some cucumber and strawberries. Such a great cocktail!, And all with fresh ingredients from our rooftop NYC garden. Who says the city can't be green? That's all for now. Be back soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment