Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Gin to Win, I love gin!!!

Dutch Kills on a Tuesday. Not a bad night. Great blues on the stereo. A freestyling bartender handing out quaint little tin cups of water with slices of cucumber in them. Rustic and refined all at the same time. Some loud mouth girl at the bar. She's not too obnoxious, but seemingly on her way. She flirts with the bartender while the guy shes with gets jealous inside, but the bartender subsides him with a free Gin drink, suddenly he doesn't care. 
The bartender slides a long drink in front of me. Gin, lemon, cognac and a touch of sugar. A long silver spoon straw and one massive piece of ice. The first sip tickles me awake and then the second sends a shiver down my spine. Such a delightful experience. The drink is called a "Stay up Late" definitely fitting. 
The blues keep singing thru the stereo. I'm now moving on to my third cocktail. The "Hanky Panky". A classic drink made with gin, sweet vermouth and Fernet. A great night cap. As you may have noticed the night has revolved around gin. I will listen to Goodie Mob on the way home and probably watch some Bill Murray flick or Golden Girls when I get home. Laugh if you will, I don't give a fuck. Cheers and goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment